A. Huname Signs with Palmista Press

I am delighted to announce that Palmista Press Limited has agreed to publish my books.

Signing with Palmista Press marks an exciting new stage in my journey as A. Huname. I wanted to work with a forward-thinking publisher that understands transhuman fiction, progressive science fiction and the increasingly important questions surrounding humanity’s relationship with technology.

Palmista Press shares my belief that science fiction should do more than predict new machines. It should explore what those machines could mean for the people who create, use and eventually become dependent upon them.

I am excited to work with a publisher willing to look beyond familiar categories and support fiction that asks difficult questions about digital consciousness, artificial intelligence, technological evolution and the future of humanity.

From Standalone Novels to a Series

Signing with Palmista Press has also introduced an additional requirement to my writing.

Palmista has convinced me to publish my books as a series rather than as separate standalone novels.

This is a new approach for me. My original intention was to write individual stories, with each novel exploring its own transhuman or technological question. Palmista encouraged me to think more broadly about how those questions could connect and develop across multiple books.

The more I considered the idea, the more value I could see in it.

A series allows the consequences of technological change to unfold over time. It gives characters room to develop, relationships time to evolve and ideas an opportunity to grow beyond the limits of a single novel.

It also gives readers more time to inhabit the world of the story.

Instead of reaching the final page just as the most interesting consequences begin to emerge, we can continue exploring what happens next. One question can lead naturally to another. One technological breakthrough can create possibilities and problems that deserve stories of their own.

That feels particularly appropriate for transhuman fiction. Human transformation would not happen in isolation or reach a convenient conclusion at the end of one book. Every change would lead to another decision, another consequence and another question.

What If I Was Digital

The first book to be published under this new arrangement will be What If I Was Digital.

The novel has already been written, and the manuscript has been delivered to the Palmista Press proofreaders and editors. It is now moving through the editorial process in preparation for publication.

What If I Was Digital explores one of the central questions behind my fiction:

If a human mind could continue to exist without its biological body, would that digital consciousness still be the same person?

The question sounds technological, but its consequences are deeply human. It affects identity, love, family, mortality and the meaning of survival itself.

Writing the novel gave me the opportunity to explore those ideas through characters facing choices that may eventually confront humanity outside the pages of science fiction.

Autosurgence

Palmista Press has also commissioned a second book, Autosurgence, which I am currently writing as the continuation of What If I Was Digital.

This is where the decision to create a series becomes especially exciting.

The first novel asks whether a human being can truly continue as a digital consciousness. Autosurgence moves the story forward and begins exploring what may happen after humanity crosses that boundary.

What happens when digital humans are no longer limited by biological evolution?

What happens when intelligence can improve itself?

What happens when progress becomes recursive, accelerating beyond the speed at which biological humanity can adapt?

The title refers to the possibility of self-directed, self-reinforcing advancement: a process through which intelligent beings take control of their own development and create increasingly capable versions of themselves.

I am still working through the answers, which is precisely why I am writing the novel.

The Beginning of Something Larger

What began as one story and one question is becoming something larger.

That is both challenging and exhilarating.

Writing a series requires me to think further ahead, consider the long-term consequences of every development and create a world capable of supporting more than a single story. It also allows me to follow these characters and ideas into places I had not originally expected to explore.

I am grateful to Palmista Press for recognising the potential in What If I Was Digital and for encouraging me to see beyond the boundaries of one novel.

I am excited about what we are building together, and I look forward to sharing more news as the first book moves through editing and Autosurgence continues to take shape.

The first manuscript has been delivered.

The second is being written.

And the questions are only beginning.

A. Huname

Comments

Popular Posts